Fried Rice & Omelete
- 20g Bacon Fat (or other cooking fat you like, Olive oil, butter)
- 200grams (pre-cooked weight) day-old white rice
- 3 Eggs
- 200grams mixed vegetables (I use frozen carrots/peas/corn mixture from Costco)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- Salt and Pepper
- 350grams Egg Whites
- OPTIONAL TOPPING – Homemade Steak Sauce
- STEP 1 – Fried Rice
- In a hot pan or wok heat up 20grams of bacon fat or cooking oil
- Add your white rice and fry for approximately 90-120sec until the rice has some golden color
- Next, add your mixed vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and combine the rice and vegetables and then add your Tamari and stir
- Let them cook together for about 90-120sec
- Create a space in the middle of the pan to crack your eggs
- Let the eggs cook as you scramble them directly in the pan.
- Start to incorporate rice and veggies into the eggs
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool while you prepare your omelet
- STEP 2 – Egg White Omelette
- Using a nonstick pan over medium heat pour in your egg whites and season with salt and pepper in the pan
- Every 20-30sec push the sides of the omelette in and allow the raw eggs to run around the sides to make contact with the pan.
- When the eggs are cooked mostly through you can fold the omelette in thirds and plate up on your dish next to your Fried Rice
- Step 3 – OPTIONAL
- Drizzle our homemade Steak Sauce over the top of your eggs and the fried rice before you eat.
Macros – Half Serving
Macros – Full Portion
Food, Meals, Sauces