Steak and Eggs
Ingredients (Large and ⅓ Smaller Size)
- 4-9oz Grilled Tri-Tip Steak
- 1-3 Soft Boiled Eggs
- 100-200g Green Beans
- .33-1 TBSP Avocado Oil
- .5-1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- .5-1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 60-200g Blueberries
- Preheat your grill to 325-350 degrees
- Season all sides of your Tri-Tip steak with salt and pepper. Be sure to cover the sides/edges too.
- Place the tri-tip on the grill and every 2-3mins flip or turn your meat 90 degrees. Tri-Tip is pretty forgiving and will likely take 15mins or more to cook to the correct doneness. Occasionally turning and flipping will help develop an even crust and browning all over.
- When is it done? – Invest in a PROBE THERMOMETER and stick it into the center of the meat. When the internal temp is around 135, that is where I like my TriTip
- The steak comes off and you will want to let it rest for about 10mins
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil covered.
- Gently place your egg(s) into the water and cook covered for 6mins.
- Spoon the eggs out and drop them into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the eggs and when you cut in there will be slightly runny yolks with hard whites.
- Bring a saute pan to medium heat and add your avocado oil. When it gets hot add in your green beans and toss and stir. Add salt and pepper and let cook for about 5mins occasionally tossing and stirring.
- Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and quickly toss and then cover with a lid over medium-low heat for about 2mins.
- Uncover and give one final toss in the juices of the pan before placing the green beans next to your eggs.
- Slide your meat and deliver it to the plate.
- Note – About 10oz of raw steak cooked on the grip to medium will drop its weight to around 7-8oz.
- Pro Tip – weigh your tri-tip ahead of time raw. Determine from the original weight how many servings for yourself that will equal. Then after cooking divide the steak into that many equal parts for separate meals.
- Finally, add a side of blueberries and dig in!
Macros – Large Portion
Macros – Small Portion